Lenovo Launches New Mobile App Shop Just for Businesses
Offers Services from Custom Management and Corporate Publishing Ability to Volume Discounts
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC – March 27, 2012: Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) today announced its first enterprise app shop – the Lenovo Enterprise App Shop - to bring end-to-end mobile app services to large businesses, enabling custom management, deployment and publication as well as volume pricing. The Lenovo Enterprise App Shop makes it simple for corporate users to access and use productivity apps on their Lenovo tablet or other Android-based tablet (version 3.1 and higher).
"With the influx of personal and mobile devices in the workplace, it’s critical for companies to manage the proprietary and third-party applications their employees are using,” said Mark Cohen, vice president, Ecosystem and Monetization, Lenovo. “We created an app shop designed specifically for the enterprise featuring LDAP integration and cross Android platform support to facilitate IT management while giving users the apps they’re demanding to boost productivity.”
A Way to Manage Multitude of Apps
As more consumers use their personal devices for work, the potential for security risks and lack of IT management increases. Lenovo App Shop Manager solves this challenge by allowing companies to create their own customized App Shops. IT managers can purchase, license, distribute and manage approved applications for the end user. Lenovo App Shop Manager controls only the apps, not the device, like other mobile device management solutions.
"The distribution and license management of applications for the classroom is simplified by the Lenovo Enterprise App Shop; eliminating factory resets and streamlining app installation. We were up and running quickly and the App Shop Manager is very intuitive and easy to use," said David Gannon, associate director, Academic Computing & Media Services, Bryant University.
Modeled after the self-service consumer app shops, Lenovo App Shop Manager makes it simple and convenient for end users while simultaneously minimizing cost and complexity for IT staff. Additionally, as a software-as-a-service cloud hosted solution without infrastructure and support required, it offers a low cost of ownership. App Shop Manager offers the following key services:
App Shop Manager Services
- Vetted Catalog - All apps on the Lenovo App Shop Catalog are malware/offensive content-free and tested to ensure they run well on Lenovo tablets.
- Custom Management - Via the App Shop Manager, companies can select and de-select apps from the App Shop catalog. Users also have access to the thousands of apps in the MobiHand Universal Android catalog. Only corporate approved apps are made available for purchase or download.
- Private Corporate App Publishing – Corporate customers can easily publish their apps to the end users via the App Shop Manager.
- Volume Purchase Pricing - The App Shop Manager provides access to the MobiHand marketplace with published volume pricing discounts.
- Enabling and Disabling Apps - MobiHand’s unique App Shop License wrapper allows companies to disable apps when required. IT managers can identify unapproved apps and can be alerted to users who have the apps installed for removal.
The Lenovo App Shop is available immediately worldwide (excluding China) through Lenovo sales.
For more information on Lenovo Enterprise AppShop, go to http://www.lenovo.com/enterpriseapp.
For the latest Lenovo news, subscribe to Lenovo RSS feeds or follow Lenovo on Twitter and Facebook
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a $US21 billion personal technology company serving customers in more than 160 countries, and the world’s second-largest PC vendor. Dedicated to building exceptionally engineered PCs and mobile internet devices, Lenovo’s business is built on product innovation, a highly-efficient global supply chain and strong strategic execution. Formed by Lenovo Group’s acquisition of the former IBM Personal Computing Division, the company develops, manufactures and markets reliable, high-quality, secure and easy-to-use technology products and services. Its product lines include legendary Think-branded commercial PCs and Idea-branded consumer PCs, as well as servers, workstations, and a family of mobile internet devices, including tablets and smart phones. Lenovo has major research centers in Yamato, Japan; Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen, China; and Raleigh, North Carolina. For more information, see www.lenovo.com.