Certification Only Available on Lenovo Products to Deliver Faster, Richer and Easier Computing For Businesses and Consumers Worldwide
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC – September 28, 2009: Lenovo today announced the Windows 7 Lenovo Enhanced Experience – a certification only available on Lenovo products that consists of powerful features, tools and optimizations designed to improve system performance and enhance the computing experience for customers running Windows 7 on Lenovo PCs. Lenovo Enhanced Experience is the result of joint engineering between Lenovo and Microsoft designed to provide PCs that will not only run Windows 7, but will also help consumers and small business customers enrich their experience with the new Windows 7 operating system when it becomes available.
Among the key benefits of the Lenovo Enhanced Experience certification is advanced performance tuning, which enables both Think and Idea PCs to start-up significantly faster than identical configuration, non-optimized PCs. For example, on select Think PCs, Windows 7 starts up to 56 percent faster compared to running Windows XP or Vista, and shuts down in as little as five seconds.1 Enhanced Experience PCs also include multimedia enhancements and easy system maintenance tools on Idea PCs, and performance-optimized ThinkVantage Technologies for advanced productivity and security on Think PCs.
“To achieve Windows 7 Lenovo Enhanced Experience certification, Lenovo’s technical team and developers have worked with Microsoft during the making of Windows 7 to create an exceptionally-engineered hardware and software experience,” said Fran O’Sullivan, senior vice president, Think Product Group, Lenovo. “Advances in PC technology are giving users even better tools to increase their personal productivity at work, and this Enhanced Experience certification lets customers know that our Think PCs are optimized for business.”
“Lenovo Enhanced Experience certification means customers can be confident that our systems not only meet the specification to run Windows 7, but are optimized to enhance it,” said Liu Jun, senior vice president, Idea Product Group, Lenovo. “The Enhanced Experience Idea product portfolio encompasses products that uniquely integrate standard industry features with Lenovo’s own value-add technologies and advanced performance tuning to deliver a faster, richer and easier way for consumers to use their PCs.”
Idea PCs Deliver a Faster, Richer and Easier Windows 7 Experience for Consumers
Lenovo’s Enhanced Experience PCs for consumers and small office home office (SOHO) customers were engineered with technologies built around three key benefits: fast system boot and shutdown, rich multimedia capabilities and easy system maintenance.
Faster Windows 7 PC Boot and Shutdown
Enhanced Experience Idea PCs have optimized system files, processes and hardware settings and achieve quicker boot and shutdown compared with non-optimized Idea PCs.2 With Enhanced Experience, Lenovo customers will be able to start Windows 7 Idea PCs up to 33 percent faster and shutdown 50 percent faster than identical configuration, non-optimized PCs even while still initializing PC features such as anti-virus software.
Rich Entertainment & Graphics Features
Lenovo's Idea products with Windows 7 Enhanced Experience feature breakthrough visual and audio technologies, including high definition graphics, DirectX 10 and enhanced digital audio.
- Crystal Clear, Stutter-Free HD Video: Enhanced Experience Idea PCs include a high-definition graphics hardware decoder that removes much of the burden of HD decoding from the CPU, and outputs stutter-free HD video up to 1080p.
- 3D Gaming and Animation: For Lenovo's gaming customers, all Enhanced Experience Idea PCs feature DirectX 10 for advanced gaming and super-smooth 3D transitions when using Windows 7 advanced graphics features such as Aero Peek and Aero Flip.
Easier to Use and Maintain
OneKeyTM Rescue System 7.0 and Lenovo Rescue System 3.0 can backup and recover data two times faster than previous versions and feature improved anti-virus and system repair functions for added peace-of-mind. In addition, users can perform an anti-virus scan at the press of a button on their Enhanced Experience Idea PCs – even before Windows loads – to repair critical system files and quickly backup or restore personal data.
Lenovo Delivers Faster, More Secure Windows 7 Experience for Business Customers
Lenovo developed its Think-branded solution for business customers around three core areas: fast performance, business-optimized features and safeguarding data. Think-branded PCs, including ThinkPad notebooks, ThinkCentre desktops and ThinkStation workstations, will provide these enhanced benefits when running with Windows 7.
Faster PC Processing
- Blazing Performance Windows 7 starts up to 56 percent faster than Think PCs running Windows XP or Vista, and shuts down in as little as five seconds. Combined with a range of powerful Intel® Core™2 and Centrino® 2 processors with vPro, Enhanced Experience certified Think PCs provide users reliable access to information and support multiple programs at once for easy multitasking.
Built for Business
- Reach Out and Touch Technology Multitouch screens on the ThinkPad X200 Tablet and T400s notebook come equipped with Lenovo’s unique ThinkVantage Technology tool, SimpleTap, which makes touch screen navigation easy and intuitive for customers.
- Ultimate Conferencing Mobile professionals can keep their hands-free – ThinkPad notebooks feature a two-megapixel light-adaptive camera, digital array microphone with noise and echo cancellation, and dedicated microphone and speaker mute keys for seamless, high-quality video and voice communications.
- Work from Anywhere Windows 7 Lenovo Enhanced Experience Think PCs support multiple ways for mobile professionals to easily and quickly connect to the Web for anytime, anywhere access to information. Select models support Ethernet, 11n WiFi, 3G Mobile Broadband, 4G WiMax and Bluetooth. In addition, all Think PCs come equipped with Access Connections, a ThinkVantage Technology that can automatically switch users between wired and wireless connections. Access Connections also includes integrated profiles with location-based settings for printers, browser favorites and Web security.
Innovative, Layered Data Security
- Swipe for Secure AccessThe built-in fingerprint reader on many Think PCs provides users a quick and convenient log-in and helps IT administrators drive security compliance across an organization.
- Manage Hardware Passwords IT administrators can use the Password Manager ThinkVantage Technology to remotely manage employee hard drive passwords, including self-encrypting drives, to increase company data security and reduce employee password reset costs.
- Rescue and Recover Data with One Button Lenovo’s Rescue and Recovery tool provides users one-button access to restore and rescue lost files, and protect system information from becoming corrupt.
Customers will be able to identify Lenovo products that extend the benefits of Windows 7 through a special Lenovo Enhanced Experience certification sticker affixed to the products. To find out more about Windows 7 Lenovo Enhanced Experience for business and consumers, please visit www.lenovo.com/win7ee.
For the latest Lenovo news, subscribe to Lenovo RSS feeds or follow Lenovo on Twitter and Facebook.
Lenovo (HKSE: 0992) (ADR: LNVGY) is dedicated to building exceptionally engineered personal computers. Lenovo’s business model is built on innovation, operational efficiency and customer satisfaction as well as a focus on investment in emerging markets. Formed by Lenovo Group’s acquisition of the former IBM Personal Computing Division, the company develops, manufactures and markets reliable, high-quality, secure and easy-to-use technology products and services worldwide. Lenovo has major research centers in Yamato, Japan; Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen, China; and Raleigh, North Carolina. For more information see www.lenovo.com.
 Without Enhanced Experience -Think systems integrated with Window-7 Professional beta, hardware device drivers, utilities, Lenovo and 3rd-party software as of January 2009 with no optimization performed by Lenovo With Enhanced Experience - Think systems integrated with Window-7 Professional RTM, hardware device driver, utilities, Lenovo and 3rd-party software as of September 2009 after optimization by Lenovo engineers to integrated software components
 Improvement claim is based on testing Windows® 7 machines of identical configuration, one machine without any optimization and the other optimized. Actual times and their relative improvements vary by model, with an average boot improvement of 22% and shutdown improvement of 30% across the consumer range of EE certified PCs. Improvements may vary according to the exact configuration of the system and may degrade over time depending on other software installed or changes made to system settings. Lenovo optimization does not impact any essential services or software features.
 Time taken from power on until boot complete. Boot time claim of 33% refers to IdeaPad Y650 running Windows® 7 Home Premium release RTM 7600 with Intel® Core™2 Duo P8700, 3GB DDR3 memory, 320GB 5400rpm HDD and discrete graphics card. Boot Complete is defined as the moment when CPU loading falls below 20% and remains there for 10seconds. Shutdown claim refers to IdeaCentre A600 running Windows® 7 Home Premium release RTM 7600 with Intel® Core™2 Duo T9600, 3GB DDR3 memory, 1TB HDD and discrete graphics card. Shutdown time is defined as time taken from selecting shutdown option in Windows to power off.
 Depends on display resolution. Not all models support 1080p resolution. Other models support up to 720p or 1080i
 Not all Enhanced Experience certified desktop products include integrated speakers.
 Not all models feature Dolby®certified audio.