RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC – October 12, 2010: Lenovo (HKSE: 0992) (ADR:LNVGY) today, in partnership with Intel, is injecting a healthy dose of fun with the launch of http://www.whatsyourideaoffun.com/us – a website filled with exciting contests, unique video and photo sharing tools and information on the latest Idea-branded Lenovo laptops and desktops powered by the new Intel Core processors. Designed to make the consumers’ product selection more simple and informative, the campaign showcases specific performance claims based on real-life consumer usage behavior such as multitasking, MP3 encoding, gaming and more.
Lenovo and Intel aremaking it easier for consumers to understand the potential performance benefits of the latest Lenovo PCs by providing an interactive and fun way to learn about the products.
– Intel and Lenovo have built joint performance claims messages to help consumers better understand the benefits of the latest Lenovo computers powered by Intel Core processors compared with those from two years ago. Five different scenarios are included, according to the individual product and processor combination:
l Multitasking: measured by PCMark Vantage Overall Consumer Multitasking test1
l Faster & slimmer: measured by PCMark Vantage Overall Consumer Multitasking test and physical measurement of the PC’s thinnest point compared to an equivalent from 2008
l Gaming:measured by 3DMark06 CPU test result score – 3DMark06 CPU test measures the contribution of the processor on 3D graphical performance
l Fill up your MP3 player:measured by Intel® HDXPRT 2009 Fill up MP3 Player sub score which involves converting audio files to MP3 format and uploading to a MP3 player
l Productivity:measured by SYSmark2007 Business multi-tasking test
Example performance improvements, comparing the latest Lenovo consumer PCs with those from 2008 include:
nIdeaPad Y560 multimedia laptop with Intel Core i7 processor – up to 3X multitasking performance. Click here to learn more.
nIdeaCentre A700 all-in-one with Intel Core i7 processor – up to 3.4X faster, 7X slimmer. Click here to learn more.
nIdeaPad Z560 laptop with Intel Core i5 processor – fill up your MP3 player up to 45% faster. Click here to learn more.
nIdeaPad V460 small business laptop with Intel Core i5 processor – boost your productivity by up to 2X. Click here to learn more.
nIdeaCentre K320 desktop with Intel Core i7 processor – up to 3X better gaming performance. Click here to learn more.
For more details on individual product performance claims please visit the Up Your Fun page.
An example of the new campaign logo lockup for Lenovo consumer PCs; this particular example is for the IdeaPad Y560 with an Intel® Core™ i7 processor.
Lenovo and Intel are also launching several cool contests that will give consumers a chance to win a Lenovo IdeaPad laptop powered by Intel Core processors and perhaps attend CES 2011 with Lenovo.
– Find Your Ideal PC Contest: Visitors to www.whatsyourideaoffun.com/us can use the new interactive product selector to find the most suitable Idea PC for their personality and usage habits. After answering a short series of questions ranging from style and design to cost and performance, the consumer will be paired with a PC that best meets their profile. At the end of the questionnaire, visitors will be asked to leave their email address for the chance to win their best-fit PC – with lucky draws held every week. Visitors can increase their chances of winning by referring their friends to take the questionnaire – for every invitation they send, they will get an extra “ticket” in the weekly prize draw.1
– Meet the Mods Contest: The campaign features a handful of the world’s top computer customization and modification artists to transform their Lenovo PCs into the wildest Lenovo laptops and desktops ever created, and that match their individual personalities and notions of having fun.
The PC mods, which include a platinum-plated, diamond-studded IdeaPad U160, an arcade style IdeaPad Y560, and mobile desktop IdeaCentre A700 can be viewed on www.whatsyourideaofun.com/us in the modder page. Consumers canvote for their favorite mod and enter for a chance to win an IdeaPad Y560 laptop with Intel technology.2
– Lenovo Mod Building Contest: In addition, modders are invited to enter a contest for a chance to join Lenovo at CES 2011 in Las Vegas. Beginning now, contestants can submit their idea for a cool mod and Lenovo will choose the best ideas to be brought to life. If selected, Lenovo will supply the finalists with a Lenovo PC and the budget to create their mod. Finalists will be featured onwww.whatsyourideaoffun.com, and the modder that secures the most fan votes will be invited to join Lenovo at CES 2011!3
In addition, consumers can enjoy new tools online at www.whatsyourideaoffun.com that tests their PCs fun performance andshare their favorite memories with friends.
– Is Your Computer Fun Enough?: Users can run a simple online tool to know their PC’s “fun rating”. The test will estimate the performance capability of their current PC on a range of usage scenarios such as creating and sharing videos, editing and sharing photos, etc. The tool then recommends how you can “up your fun” with the latest Lenovo systems using the Intel Core™ processor family.
– Fun Video Generator: Visitors can create their own videos live online, simply by uploading their favorite photos. The interactive application allows users to add text to appear alongside the photos, select an appropriate soundtrack, and then instantly create their own 60 sec fun video to share memories with friends and family. Visitors can choose to upload the video to their profile on popular social networking websites including Facebook or simply forward the video link to friends. Visitors can also showcase their fun personality by sharing their video on the Lenovo Intel what’s Your Idea of Fun Facebook page. The user whose video receives the most fan votes on the Facebook page could win a cool Idea PC.
– “Lenovo IdeaPad and IdeaCentre PCs are all about making life more fun for today’s consumers,” said Dion Weisler, vice president, Business Operations, Lenovo. “WhatsYourIdeaofFun.com allows us to extend the attributes of our PCs to a broader consumer audience and make it easier for them to understand the benefits of our latest products. Our PCs powered by new Intel Core processor are a vehicle to help them to be more creative and share their experiences with friends and family.”
To learn more about ww.whatsyourideaoffun.com and participate in more fun contests, follow this campaign on Facebook andTwitter. To watch additional videos from the campaign, check out the Lenovo Intel Fun Ideas YouTube channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/LenovoIntelFunIdeas
For the latest Lenovo news, subscribe to Lenovo RSS feeds and follow Lenovo on Twitter and Facebook.
Lenovo (HKSE: 0992) (ADR: LNVGY) is dedicated to building exceptionally engineered personal computers. Lenovo’s business model is built on innovation, operational efficiency and customer satisfaction as well as a focus on investment in emerging markets. Formed by Lenovo Group’s acquisition of the former IBM Personal Computing Division, the company develops, manufactures and markets reliable, high-quality, secure and easy-to-use technology products and services worldwide. Lenovo has major research centers in Yamato, Japan; Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen, China; and Raleigh, North Carolina. For more information see www.lenovo.com.
1 Find Your Ideal PC Contest terms and agreements available at http://www.whatsyourideaoffun.com/us/official-rules#nyroContent
2 Meet the Mods Contest terms and agreements available at http://www.whatsyourideaoffun.com/us/mod-terms#nyroContent
3 Lenovo Mod Building Contest terms and agreements available at http://www.whatsyourideaoffun.com/us/mod-terms#nyroContent