- Customers will be able to purchase Juniper’s broad portfolio of networking products directly from Lenovo for easier acquisition, as well as consolidated support.
- With the move to disaggregation of hardware and software in the data center, the two companies intend to bring open, flexible solutions to market, leveraging the ONIE (Open Network Install Environment) model.
- Keeping in mind customer needs for fast provisioning and easy administration, both companies expect to collaborate to offer simplified management and orchestration in the datacenter leveraging Lenovo’s xClarity management software as well as Juniper’s Network Director and Contrail SDN software.
- In addition, the two companies plan to collaborate around go to market on a worldwide basis targeting enterprise customers, service providers, channel partners as well as system integrators.
- Lenovo and Juniper aim to develop joint go-to-market plans and a tailor-made resell model to address unique localization requirements in China.“Lenovo is on a mission to become the market leader in datacenter solutions. We will continue to invest in the development and delivery of disruptive IT solutions to shape next-generation data centers. Our partnership with Juniper Networks provides Lenovo access to an industry leading portfolio of products that include Software Defined Networking (SDN) solutions – essential for state-of-the-art data center offerings” – Gerry Smith, Lenovo executive vice president and chief operating officer, PC and Enterprise Business Group.
“Partnering with Lenovo expands Juniper’s strategy to deliver a full-stack solution for a wide-range of data centers, from the mid-range enterprise to private cloud and to hyper-scale customers. We are excited about collaborating with Lenovo to leverage the full power of our IP-networking portfolio based on JunosOS and Contrail, in delivering the next generation of converged, hyper-converged, and hyper-scale solution to customers in China and globally”
– Rami Rahim, chief executive officer at Juniper Networks.
www.lenovo.com/systems | Blogs | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook l YouTube l Slideshare
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a $46 billion global Fortune 500 company and a leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial, and enterprise technology. Our portfolio of high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs (including the legendary Think and multimode YOGA brands), workstations, servers, storage, smart TVs and a family of mobile products like smartphones (including the Moto brand), tablets and apps. Join us on LinkedIn, follow us on Facebookor Twitter (@Lenovo) or visit us at www.lenovo.com.
About Juniper Networks:
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. Juniper Networks’ innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
1 Lenovo enterprise servers are ranked #1 in x86 reliability, according to the ITIC 2015-2016 Global Server Hardware, Server OS Reliability Report, July 2015
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the commencement of a global strategic partnership between Juniper Networks and Lenovo; key planned principles of the partnership; new Lenovo and Juniper Networks solutions; integration of their respective products to create new solutions; the expected features, benefits, performance, market receptiveness, effectiveness and competitive advantage of such solutions; the intentions of the parties to collaborate around go to market on a worldwide basis and planned areas for key investments. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: delays in scheduled product availability, incompatibility of technologies, the failure of Juniper Networks and Lenovo to accurately predict emerging technological trends, general demand for Lenovo and Juniper products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could cause actual outcomes and results to differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements in this press release are included under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations,” in the most recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q of Juniper Networks. Juniper’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of Juniper’s website at http://investor.juniper.net and on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Juniper and Lenovo as of the date hereof, and Lenovo and Juniper disclaim any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
Statement of Product Direction:
In this press release, Juniper and Lenovo may disclose information related to their development and plans for future products, features or enhancements (“SOPD”). SOPD information is subject to change at any time, without notice. Except as may be set forth in definitive agreements for a potential transaction, neither Juniper nor Lenovo are providing any assurances, or assuming any responsibility, that future products, features or enhancements will be introduced. Except as may be set forth in definitive agreements for a potential transaction, customers should not base purchasing decisions upon reliance of timeframes or specifics outlined in an SOPD, because Juniper and/or Lenovo may delay or never introduce the future products, features or enhancements.