BARCELONA, SPAIN – October 14, 2014: Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) today announced plans for broad collaboration and partnership with VMware to help clients fully realize the benefits of a software-defined data center by delivering compelling new IT infrastructure solutions for private and hybrid cloud, end user computing, and virtualization. This alliance extends the 16 year development relationship between System x and VMware which has produced a number of innovations including the first VMware embedded hypervisor, and broadens the alliance to include the full range of Lenovo’s expanded server business.
Software-defined data center technologies extend the concept of server virtualization to networking and storage infrastructure resources, enabling delivery of compute, networking, and storage resources as a service. Lenovo and VMware solutions will bring together Lenovo’s servers and networking hardware with VMware infrastructure to help enterprises and service providers simplify the data center, speed application provisioning, and reduce costs. Areas of collaboration include:
- Private and hybrid cloud infrastructure solutions based on validated end-to-end architectures to provide clients a fast path to an optimal environment, and integration between Lenovo server and networking hardware, and resource management capabilities, with VMware vRealize Suite™ for rapid provisioning of systems and services.
- Lenovo is a top-of-rack networking development partner for VMware NSX™, and will deliver flexible network virtualization gateway and integrated traffic management solutions, enabling an open, software-defined foundation for agile, flexible, and scalable cloud environments.
- Elastic, scalable, and resilient Software Defined Storage infrastructure solutions based on a wide range of Lenovo servers and VMware Virtual SAN™ software in simple-to-deploy configurations to suit a broad range of data storage, performance, and budget requirements.
- Enhanced performance of end-user virtual desktop services through Lenovo eXFlash technology, which is a server-based storage solution providing extremely low latency, coupled with VMware Horizon® virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) platform.
- Joint solution marketing and enablement of the companies’ business partner and service provider channels.
“We are pleased to continue to work closely with Lenovo to help our mutual customers realize the benefits of a software-defined data center,” said Raghu Raghuram, executive vice president, Software-Defined Data Center Division, VMware. “With the combination of VMware and Lenovo solution, we are empowering organizations with powerful automation, agility and flexibility in their IT infrastructure.”
Adalio Sanchez, senior vice president, Enterprise Systems Group, Lenovo said, “By leveraging the strengths and respective geographic reach of our teams, we see significant synergy in delivering end-to-end designed-for-cloud infrastructures to our customers and their service providers.”
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a $39 billion global Fortune 500 company and a leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial, and enterprise technology. Our portfolio of high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs (including the legendary Think and multimode Yoga brands), workstations, servers, storage, smart TVs and a family of mobile products, including smartphones, tablets and apps. Join us on LinkedIn, follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@Lenovo) or visit us at www.lenovo.com.
VMware, VMware NSX, VMware Virtual SAN and VMware Horizon are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.