RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC – January 14, 2010: Lenovo (HKE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) today announced its latest high-performance desktop PCs for large businesses, the ThinkCentre M90 and M90p. The new desktops are designed to meet the complex computing needs of today’s global, 24/7
businesses through enhanced security, manageability and flexibility features. The ThinkCentre M90 and M90p are also Lenovo’s first ThinkCentre desktops to feature the new 2010 Intel® Core™ vPro™ family of processors, which provide added power to easily multitask even while operating intensive applications.
“Our customers tell us their technology priorities in 2010, including migrating to Windows 7, are to help minimize costs and streamline operations,” said Dilip Bhatia, executive director, ThinkCentre Marketing, Lenovo. “The new ThinkCentre M90 and M90p are not only designed to help large businesses lower costs in PC management, but are equipped with the latest technologies to foster stronger productivity, ensure better security and allow IT managers to more efficiently manage large global fleets.”
Added Power and Reliability
The ThinkCentre M90 and M90p desktops include Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors with Intel® Turbo Boost and Intel® Hyper-Threading technologies for up to 81 percent better performance compared to previous ThinkCentre models.1 This powerful performance helps busy users easily multitask during activities such as data entry, e-discovery and payroll processing.
Industry-Leading Green Design
Re-affirming Lenovo’s commitment to developing green PC products, the ThinkCentre M90 and M90p include a high amount of recycled content compared to other desktops in their class, with up to 42 percent post-consumer recycled content.2 The desktops have also passed rigorous testing by the GREENGUARD Environmental Institute, which detects approximately 2,000 potentially harmful contaminants. The M90 and M90p desktops are energy efficient and certified Energy Star 5.0. Additionally, energy management tools such as Lenovo’s Power Manager included on the M90/M90p can help users save approximately $43 in annual power bills per computer. For companies purchasing 10,000 computers, that translates into major dollar savings.3
Advanced Software Management
Enterprise IT managers will appreciate Lenovo’s unique software tools included on the new ThinkCentre M90 and M90p. These features make managing fleet operations, security and PC updates simple. They include:
· Remote Power Management– Power Manager, a Lenovo ThinkVantage Technology, together with the Energy Star® compliant Power Supply Unit on the desktops, enables IT managers to remotely monitor energy consumption of PCs in specific departments or locations, as well as across the entire fleet.
· Added Flexibility and Scalability – The new M90 and M90p desktops support the latest version of Lenovo Secure Managed Client 2.0, a remote storage-based solution that offers the flexibility and benefits of an alternative client solution like centralized image and user provisioning, secure data storage and redundancy and single image capability without sacrificing the end-user desktop experience.
· Advanced Remote PC Fleet Management – Using hardware-based Intel® vPro™ Technology, IT managers can more effectively discover, heal and protect networked M90p desktops throughout their PC fleet. For example, IT managers can diagnose hardware issues even if the PC is powered off, as well as remotely isolate and recover systems after operating system failures.
· Lenovo Enhanced Experience for Windows 7 – The ThinkCentre M90 and M90p are optimized under Lenovo’s Enhanced Experience for Windows 7. The desktops boot-up in as quickly as 35 seconds and shutdown in as little as 9.6 seconds.4 The new desktops also support multi-touch capabilities when paired with the Lenovo L2461x Wide monitor.
· Enhanced PC Fleet Security Tools– Hardware Password Manager, another ThinkVantage Technology, provides IT managers oversight of user, supervisory, BIOS and HDD passwords to help companies increase their overall level of data security while reducing the time and expense associated with resetting employee passwords. Combined with the Intel® Trusted Platform Module, this solution provides rock-solid, layered hardware and software security for added data protection.
· New Ergonomic Design – The desktops come with useful design features like a built-in top handle for easy transport and an easy-to-reach power button. A tilted design on the front I/O ports makes it easy and quick to see, plug and play.
Pricing and Availability5
The ThinkCentre M90 and M90p desktops will be available starting in February in tower, small form factor and ultra small form factors. Models of the ThinkCentre M90 desktop start at $779 and models of the ThinkCentre M90p desktop start at $899. Both desktops will be available on www.lenovo.com and through business partners.
For the latest Lenovo news, subscribe to Lenovo RSS feeds or follow Lenovo on Twitter and Facebook.
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is dedicated to building exceptionally engineered personal computers. Lenovo’s business model is built on innovation, operational efficiency and customer satisfaction as well as a focus on investment in emerging markets. Formed by Lenovo Group’s acquisition of the former IBM Personal Computing Division, the company develops, manufactures and markets reliable, high-quality, secure and easy-to-use technology products and services worldwide. Lenovo has major research centers in Yamato, Japan; Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen, China; and Raleigh, North Carolina. For more information see www.lenovo.com.
1 Compared to ThinkCentre M55/M55p with Intel Core™2 E6300.
2 Recycled plastic percentage varies on form factors (including optional fngerprint keyboard): Tower, 42.10%; SFF, 39.63%; Eco USFF, 36.45%. Calculation based on EPEAT standard.
3 Comparing a ThinkCentre M90p with ThinkVision L2251x with a ThinkCentre M52 and ThinkVision E74 without Power Manager deployed and idle screen on. Based on energy cost of $0.103 k/Wh, Energy Information Administration, Annual Energy Outlook 2009 (early release edition).
4 Based on testing on pre production level machines. Actual performance may vary with different models.
5 Prices do not include tax or shipping and are subject to change without notice and is tied to specific terms and conditions. Reseller prices may vary. Price does not include all advertised features. All offers subject to availability. Lenovo reserves the right to alter product offerings and specifications at any time without notice.