Promotes useful features of multimode YOGA convertibles and tablets
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC – Sept. 30, 2015: Around the world, Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is telling the story of its most recognizable consumer products – YOGA convertibles, tabletop PCs and tablets – in a new marketing campaign, dubbed #Goodweird. Appropriately named, #Goodweird illustrates how YOGA products embrace unexpected design and functionality – design that’s arguably weird, but in a good way because of the amazing things these products enable people to do.
#Goodweird, By Design
For example, YOGA convertible hinges consist of more than 800 parts, easily outnumbering parts in the rest of the product. The hinge remains key to YOGA’s signature four modes: laptop, tent, stand and tablet. People loved these new ways to use a PC, and thus created demand for this new device category. On the Horizon tabletop PC, you can turn family board games night into interactive, digital gaming sessions thanks to its giant screen – the size of a coffee table. And with YOGA tablet, you can project a movie on your wall, enjoy deep base from the subwoofer and even hang it on a bathroom hook for convenient entertainment that goes anywhere you do. All of these products change the way we use technology: they’re weird, but they’re #Goodweird. ‘
We designed our marketing program to be as flexible as our products with a 360° integrated campaign featuring work from a team of creative agencies:
- Blast Radius – managed the build of http://goodweirdproject.com/global/en/ and all digital assets
- DLKW Lowe – produced ‘Pioneers’ brand film for TV and cinema, product films, print, digital and out-of-home advertising as the lead creative agency for the campaign. Watch the dark, stylish ‘Pioneers’ film directed by Markus Lundqvist of Knucklehead (Daft Punk ‘Derezzed,’ Burberry ‘My Burberry’ here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2AXcV4Yswk. The film transforms an atmospheric gallery by a series of unusual projections and sculptures, reverberating #Goodweird from the past, present and future. Footage of a man with a rudimentary flying machine, a bag phone from the 1980’s and an early hovercraft alongside a slick black aircraft and augmented reality headsets are just a few examples of good weird. Individual products are being brought to life through a series of films directed by Greg Barth of BlinkInk featuring 3D printed set filmed using stop motion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf2PfZr9qKc
- Tongal – briefed their global community of writers and directors to develop #Goodweird life hacks and create video content forming part of the integrated campaign across social and digital channels https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNoHJmzHzj4&list=PLs18hw3X0NC5UHEADHGS_FsZJJL9kMnAa&index=1
- We Are Social – developed social activation elements including the design of http://goodweirdproject.com/global/en/, a series of videos and posts and a fan engagement stunt
- Weber Shandwick – created PR activation including toolkits, consumer press packs and campaign amplification
“We’ve fundamentally changed the way we think about defining the Lenovo brand, from the tools we use like crowdsourcing and social media to how we get things done with our balanced 360° agency model”, said Quinn O’Brien, Lenovo Vice President, Global Brand Strategy, Content & Design, Lenovo.” “The #Goodweird campaign really brings all of these forces to life in a clever and engaging way that’s genuine to the purpose of our products.”
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a $46 billion global Fortune 500 company and a leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial, and enterprise technology. Our portfolio of high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs (including the legendary Think and multimode YOGA brands), workstations, servers, storage, smart TVs and a family of mobile products like smartphones (including the Moto brand), tablets and apps. Join us on LinkedIn, follow us on Facebookor Twitter (@Lenovo) or visit us at www.lenovo.com.
Blast Radius is global innovation experience agency that delivers branded content across social, mobile and other platforms. They apply technology in service of creativity to produce powerful experiences that earn a place in peoples lives. Blast Radius operates as a global boutique with offices across Europe, North America and Asia servicing some of the worlds most connected brands including The North Face, BMW, Nikon, and Nike. Their agency is part of the Wunderman Network and a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY). http://www.blastradius.com
DLKW Lowe is a creative agency with advertising, digital, shopper, retail activation and CRM all under one roof. Working with brands such as Morrison’s, Persil, British Heart Foundation, Post Office. DLKW Lowe is part of the Mullen Lowe network – a creatively driven integrated marketing communications network with a strong entrepreneurial heritage and challenger mentality, operating in more than 65 markets.
Tongal connects businesses in need of creative work with an always-on global network of writers and directors who deliver it.
We Are Social is a global agency who believes in people, not platforms and the power of social insight to drive business value. They have 10 offices across 5 continents and help brands like Adidas, Beats by Dre, Tesco, Mondel?z, Intel, Heinz, Expedia, Netflix and HSBC.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications firm that builds campaigns with audience engagement at their heart. With operations extending to 123 cities in 81 countries its work spans public and influencer relations, digital and social engagement, and brand publishing operations for major global brands.