RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC – March 2, 2011: Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) today announced Lenovo Care Premium Support Services, a new support solution for consumers and small businesses that goes beyond basic PC hardware assistance to also support home network set up, operating system upgrades and browser troubleshooting, among other activities. Lenovo created this service based on the most common issues cited in customer feedback to Lenovo’s support centers. This premier service focuses on initial set-up through the entire lifecycle of Lenovo’s PC products and the related digital home environment.
“We know most customers first turn to PC-makers for help with any kind of PC question including issues with hardware, software and connectivity. In response, we created Lenovo Care Premium Support Services to extend our level of support and meet their needs on the first call,” said Bill DeLong, vice president, Services for Mature Markets, Lenovo. “We are the experts on Lenovo products, so our support technicians can more quickly solve issues and get customers enjoying their PC and digital home experience.”
Top 10 Lenovo Consumer IT Support Calls
1. I need help connecting my new printer, MP3, or other peripheral to my PC
2. My PC runs like a dinosaur. It just chugs along. How do I speed it up?
3. I just want to get my PC back to its original state. What do I do?
4. I want to cruise the web, but the browser loads super slowly. What’s wrong?
5. Every time I go to a website, there are pop-ups asking for my credit card information. How do I make them stop?
6. My Internet connection worked yesterday, but now it doesn’t. What’s wrong?
7. I’m connected to the Internet, but there’s something wrong with my browser. It won’t load.
8. My PC crashed – I’m afraid I lost my pictures and personal data. Is there a way to recover them?
9. There’s something wrong with the operating system. I’m getting a blue screen
10. How do I set up my wireless router connection to my PC?
“Across the Board” Services Offered
Lenovo Care Premium Support Services offers a variety of a la carte selections or a yearly full coverage subscription to solve common issues like the ones above. Services are focused on areas including virus protection and performance, PC and peripherals set up, network and Internet security, and software and application assistance. For example, services can range from help with upgrading to Windows 7 to setting up a secure home wireless network. Customers can elect to receive support via phone and/or remote session troubleshooting of their PC.
Customers can run Lenovo’s free PC check up tool for a one-time diagnostic scan that identifies software or hardware issues that may be impacting performance, usability or stability. The tool allows users to change certain settings to address some of the identified software issues and also recommends certain for-purchase services for the best-fix solution.
Pricing and Availability1
Lenovo Premium Support Services are available immediately in the U.S. and Canada and can be purchased online or by calling 877-737-1082.
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is dedicated to building exceptionally engineered personal computers. Lenovo’s business model is built on innovation, operational efficiency and customer satisfaction as well as a focus on investment in emerging markets. Formed by Lenovo Group’s acquisition of the former IBM Personal Computing Division, the company develops, manufactures and markets reliable, high-quality, secure and easy-to-use technology products and services worldwide. Lenovo has major research centers in Yamato, Japan; Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen, China; and Raleigh, North Carolina. For more information see www.lenovo.com.
1Prices do not include tax or shipping and are subject to change without notice and is tied to specific terms and conditions. Reseller prices may vary. Price does not include all advertised features. All offers subject to availability. Lenovo reserves the right to alter product offerings and specifications at any time without notice.