RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC – April 2, 2014: LenovoEMC Limited today announced a new class of high performance, affordable double-drive and four-drive desktop network video recorders (NVRs) utilizing the latest in industry-leading video management software (VMS) from Milestone Systems, creating an advanced, scalable and secure video surveillance solution ideal for single locations as well as distributed corporate enterprise installations.
The LenovoEMC™ px2-300d NVR and the new px4-400d NVR include support for the Milestone Interconnect™ feature, which allows the network storage devices to be interconnected with Milestone’s premium software, XProtect® Corporate, providing unlimited scalability in a cost-efficient and flexible central surveillance operation across geographically dispersed sites and numerous NVR units. (Separate Milestone Interconnect licenses sold by Milestone’s sales channel.)
The new LenovoEMC™ NVR with Milestone Arcus™ is bundled with camera licenses and software update plans for easy deployment out of the box and future feature and performance updates. Owners of all existing LenovoEMC px Series network storage products, desktop and rackmount models, can upgrade to the new Milestone Arcus VMS as a download application.
LenovoEMC will unveil its new line of NVR products in the Milestone Systems booth (#20060) at the ISC West security tradeshow this week in Las Vegas (April 2-4).
“By combining our LenovoEMC world-class network storage technology with the Milestone Arcus VMS, we have created new NVRs that deliver superior reliability, image quality, ease of installation and affordability unlike any other IP video surveillance solution available today,” said Andrew Hugo, director, Storage Product Marketing, Lenovo. “Utilizing the Milestone Interconnect feature, the new LenovoEMC NVRs can now become part of a larger geographically dispersed surveillance network for enterprises as well as smaller business entities. Whether you are a small office, an SMB or a distributed enterprise, our new LenovoEMC NVRs are versatile enough to grow with your business and security needs.”
Lars Nordenlund Friis, VP Incubation and Ventures at Milestone Systems, said, “The LenovoEMC NAS products were the first Milestone Arcus embedded devices in the industry, and it has been exciting to follow how the LenovoEMC team has successively launched the products globally. It is very promising that market demand has led to an extension of the portfolio of storage devices to include enterprise-class rackmounts with more capable processor and storage capabilities. The importance of Milestone Interconnect to address installations with many sites and very high camera counts is proving significant with Milestone Arcus solutions, allowing the end user to take a dynamic approach to what capabilities are needed where and when – in essence, unlimited scalability.”
The new LenovoEMC NVRs are ideal for businesses with an existing network storage-based video surveillance network as well as those participating in the ongoing industry upgrade from analog-based surveillance systems.
Key Features of new LenovoEMC Network Video Recorders
- Automated setup – or what we call “No Configuration”; be up and running in minutes
- Fully featured NAS on top of video management appliance
- Available in scalable 4TB and 8TB configurations
- Four, eight or 16 camera licenses included
- Supports up to 16 analog cameras through the addition of a 16 channel PCIe card accessory, enabling those who have analog installations to easily use their current infrastructure as they migrate to IP
- Hybrid NVR support for up to 20 IP cameras
- Hundreds of popular branded IP cameras supported
- Enterprise class 24×7 disks, RAID protection, UPS support, and data replication
- Fully supported software provides feature enhancements, updated camera drivers and performance enhancements
- Supports motion detection, email alerts, mobile viewing via iOS, Android & Windows Phone
- Optimized for forensic evidence with easy exporting of video clips
Milestone Arcus is an embedded video surveillance platform for low-complexity, affordable security installations. A VMS solution that runs on Linux®, Mac® OSX and Windows® related operating systems, Milestone Arcus offers a streamlined video management tool that is simple and easy-to-install for users of LenovoEMC NVRs.
- In addition to the Milestone Interconnect, additional key features of Milestone Arcus include:
- Language Support – User interface supports 26 languages
- Multiple Level Users Accounts – administrator or standard accounts
- Video Recording – Optimized for H.264, MPEG-4, or M-JPEG codecs
- Multiple recording modes – Continuous or motion-based, including audio
- Live View – Full screen and multi-view
- Playback – Play, pause, stop, fast-forward, rewind, play next or previous
- recording functions
- Easy export of video footage including audio for forensic evidence
Availability and Warranty
The new LenovoEMC® NVR products are expected to be available beginning April 15. Pricing will start at approximately $999.00 for the LenovoEMC® px2-300d NVR with Milestone Arcus and $2,299.00 for the LenovoEMC® px4-400d NVR with Milestone Arcus. Select models will be available in certain markets around the world.
LenovoEMC will also offer the Milestone Arcus VMS as a downloadable application from www.lifelineapps.com for users of existing LenovoEMC high performance px series of desktop and rackmount network storage devices. The downloadable version of Milestone Arcus will include two demo camera licenses that will work for 30 days. Full camera licenses can be purchased and activated.
To learn more about LenovoEMC NVRs and other network storage products, please go to the Web at www.lenovoemc.com.
For more information on Milestone Arcus, please go to www.milestonesys.com/arcus.
About Milestone Systems
Founded in 1998, Milestone Systems is the global industry leader in open platform IP video management software, according to IMS Research. Delivering powerful surveillance that is easy to manage, reliable and proven in thousands of customer installations around the world, Milestone technology supports flexible choices in network hardware and integration with other systems. Sold through partners in more than 100 countries, Milestone solutions help video enable organizations – managing risks, protecting people and assets, optimizing processes and reducing costs. For more information, visit: www.milestonesys.com.
About LenovoEMC Ltd
LenovoEMC is a joint venture established in December 2012 between Lenovo and EMC. LenovoEMC delivers quality and ease-of-use that make its network storage products among the best choice for businesses of all types. To learn more about all of LenovoEMC network storage products, please go to the Web at www.lenovoemc.com. Resellers can visit www.ioclub.net.