Also launches new security enhanced wireless ecosystem, Project Unity, and smart audio accessory
Tablets are indispensable for both work and play delivering endless ways to enjoy entertainment and get more done at home and on the go. The world needs a healthy escape now more than ever ergo consumers are spending more time streaming everything from shows and movies to games. According to research, Millennial parents are more likely to provide their kids with their own tablet than their own TVs1, continuing the pattern of young digital natives learning and engaging through streaming on YouTube™ and other social platforms over cable.
The new normal has also led to an uptick in consumers creating their own digital content, and as any rambling creative who’s ever tried to write lyrics, post to their blog or submit an online review from their tablet’s touchscreen will attest – a physical keyboard and integrated trackpad comes in very handy when typing anything longer than a quick email to friends. Incredibly versatile, the tablets unveiled today can double as a smart display for managing your smart home devices2, and one can even serve as a second screen for your PC via wireless connection.
This is all possible with Lenovo™’s new smarter line of powerful, premium P-Series tablets, including the Lenovo Tab P12 Pro that’s revolutionizing personal ‘me-time’ along with the debut of our new wireless connectivity framework software, Project Unity3, as well as our first Android™ tablet with dedicated 5G connectivity4, the Lenovo Tab P11 5G. And for the ideal in-ear audio experience for either of these tablets, PC or smartphone, turn to our new Lenovo Smart Wireless Earbuds that pair instantly with up to two devices simultaneously via Bluetooth® to enable great sound plus smart noise cancelling.
Entertainment made right, Versatility on the go – The Lenovo Tab P12 Pro
When it’s time to relax, treat yourself to a premium multimedia experience with the innovative Lenovo Tab P12 Pro that’s packed with all the clever bells and whistles you’ve come to expect from a Lenovo flagship Android tablet – like its brilliant AMOLED display, immersive sound, long lasting battery and all-new digital pen with magnetic attach for wireless charging and anti-lost alert, plus bouncier key travel via detachable keyboard. This ultralight device weighs around 1kg for the total package to help you do it all while on the go with fast speeds, amazing clarity, rich sound, and many more consumer benefits, including:
- Incredible entertainment: Offered in Storm Grey hue with a sleek all-metal build and weighing just 565g (tablet only), the Lenovo Tab P12 Pro is ultra-thin at 5.63mm with four-sided narrow bezels for extra available screen. Packed with sensors this tablet auto-adapts to your needs – toggle between a high refresh rate of up to 120Hz for seamless gaming, or downshift into the 60Hz setting for low key activities. Brace for a sharper image in tall 16:10 aspect ratio via a durable 12.6-inch AMOLED (2560 x 1600) touchscreen display enhanced by the detailed S-Stripe RGB subpixel layout for less graininess. The Tab P12 Pro’s display features a color gamut of 107% NTSC, deep blacks, and up to 600 nits of brightness in extreme mode. It supports Dolby Vision®, which delivers incredible ultravivid picture quality and detail, and the device also includes support for HDR10+.
- Cinematic immersive sound: A top-notch screen deserves a high-end sound solution via four loud high excursion SLS surround sound JBL® speakers for deeper bass effects and incredible clarity and depth with Dolby Atmos®. Combined with Lenovo Premium Audio tuning, truly layered sound emanates from tablet’s quad channels and tracks any on-screen motion across the slate, transporting you inside your favorite action-packed games and movies.
- Top-tier features: Geared for instant multitasking, web browsing and smoother casual gaming at home or on the go, the Lenovo Tab P12 Pro sports the Snapdragon® 870 Mobile Platform for advanced performance, premium intelligence, and efficiency. Power your experiences with boosted performance backed by cutting-edge CPU speeds and up to 8GB RAM memory. Enjoy the speed of Wi-Fi 66 enabled by the Qualcomm® FastConnect™ 6800 Mobile Connectivity Subsystem, and choose the tablet’s optional 5G model for untethered sub-6 GHz band4 connectivity and lightning-fast download speeds from anywhere. Both models, Wi-Fi only or 5G, deliver an uncommonly large 10200mAh battery capacity that’s compatible with 45W quick chargers (sold separately) for incredible battery life capable of streaming online videos for up to 17 hours.7 Settle in for the night while binging movies with reduced buffering and flickering to help protect against eye strain thanks to Lenovo hardware and software tuning, including low-blue light emissions certification from TÜV Rheinland plus a smarter Direct Current (DC) Dimming setting that lowers the amount of power going to the display for better performance in low light scenarios.
- Productivity on the go: To transform this personal home theater into a productivity powerhouse in a snap, simply attach the slim keyboard with four-point pogo pin in a single motion as you prop your tablet on its optional folio kickstand. To instantly create, just detach the optional Lenovo Precision Pen 3 that auto-pairs with your tablet to launch our specially designed Instant Memo app that turns ink into text to enable easy notetaking anywhere on the screen. This true writing stylus with ultra-low latency feels more natural in your hand and allows for wireless charging while magnetically attached. To use the pen as a remote control, just click a button to skip songs or take a selfie with the tablet’s front/rear cameras.
Out of the box you’ll also find the first full-sized snap-on keyboard with large built-in trackpad offered on an Android tablet; designed to be thin and light with 16 intuitive function keys and a satisfying 1.3mm key travel with a compact 19.0mm key pitch reminiscent our beloved, bouncier keyboard technologies.
For what else you can do with the new Lenovo Tab P12 Pro, we present Project Unity3 our latest software solution for the ultimate device collaboration.
So Happy Together – Project Unity3
The average consumer is juggling more devices than ever, each operating independently from one another and generally with their own preferred use cases. However, Lenovo envisions a world where connectivity and collaboration are seamless and the software that powers those devices is the key to unlocking a universe of hidden value. Case in point is Lenovo’s new wireless connectivity framework that we’ve dubbed Project Unity. Initially launching in conjunction with the Lenovo Tab P12 Pro, the Project Unity application effectively transforms the device into a smart companion for your Windows 10 or 11 Lenovo PC. This completely wireless experience allows you to easily pair the two devices with a simple pin input and seamlessly extend your desktop to the tablet for additional display real estate or mirror it when needed.
However, the tablet doesn’t just serve as a mere display screen. It is fully functional which means your PC’s Windows programs and the tablet’s Android apps can run simultaneously side by side without compromise, providing the ultimate multi-tasking experience. With Project Unity, you can use your PC for a video call while taking advantage of your tablet’s touch screen to draw and share pictures on the call’s virtual whiteboard. Present a PowerPoint on your PC and have access to the speaker notes on your tablet or prepare a document on your PC while referencing another from your desktop on the tablet. But wait! Want to pull up a movie on your favorite streaming platform while you work? No problem, just open up that Android app, minimize the window and position it where you want it on the screen while still having access to the Windows desktop documents you were working on.
Ultimately, Project Unity enables you to create a unified experience across devices, taking full advantage of their unique features. However, that’s only the beginning of Project Unity’s breadth, with more device connectivity, management and data storage features planned in the coming months.
Always-on 5G4, now on your Tablet – The Lenovo Tab P11 5G
Lenovo’s first consumer Android tablet with dedicated 5G has arrived with the Lenovo Tab P11 5G. Designed to be ultra-portable as schools and offices begin to reopen and travel starts to resume, the Lenovo’s Tab P11 lineup elevates experiences for hybrid work, play and learning. Enjoy fast speeds even during peak hours and in crowded places, the Lenovo Tab P11 5G supports sub-6GHz 5G4 networks to help you stay connected and download your favorite shows in seconds.8
Easy to carry with elegant glass-like screen and solid antenna reception, you’ll get stunning 2K resolution on the 11-inch In-Plane Switching (IPS) display that’s TÜV-certified for eye protection along with incredible picture quality delivered in Dolby Vision. This tablet supports DisplayPort and an optional keyboard pack and Lenovo Precision Pen 2 for light productivity.
Ideal for hybrid work and studying while in the car, mobile 5G technology via the Lenovo Tab P11 5G’s nano SIM card enables video chats in real-time with clever extras like hands-free login via front camera sensor and background blur to help keep your surroundings private. Download large files at speeds 10 times faster than 4G8 or stream high-resolution videos via the incredible performance and power efficiency enabled by the Snapdragon 750G 5G Mobile Platform, as well as up to 8GB RAM and 256GB ROM. Play longer on the go with 7700mAh battery capacity for up to 12 hours of streaming video7 and 20W quick charge.
Stay entertained with four JBL speakers, Dolby Atmos, and stylish with multiple color choices: Moon White, Storm Grey, or Modernist Teal.9
Great Sound, No Strings Attached – Lenovo Smart Wireless Earbuds
With convenient Lenovo Smart Wireless Earbuds, pair with your Android or Windows device in one click thanks to Lenovo Smart Pair technology, simply flip open the earbuds compact charging case to enable Bluetooth instantly.10 Designed for all-day use, once fully charged, your earbuds should last up to 28 hours7 if you carry your wireless charging case with you for quick top-offs. On their own, Lenovo Smart Wireless Earbuds can last for up to seven hours of continuous listening time to anything from tunes to audiobooks.11 Offered in White and Black hues9, each earbud weighs in at 4.2 grams.
For ease of use, the earbuds are continuously connected to up to two devices of your choice at all times through Lenovo Enhanced Multipoint technology that works to automatically connect your smart audio accessory with any combination of PC or phone simultaneously, and prioritizes audio output based on its current scenario.10 You’ll enjoy great sound and punched-up bass from high-quality 11mm dynamic drivers while still preserving inner ear comfort via its slender ergonomic design and multi ear tip-sizes for less pressure.
Ideal for subway commuters or people taking calls on the go, intuitive touch controls located discretely on the earbuds allow the wearer to regulate media and comms functions easily and quickly with a simple tap – play music, pause a podcast, or make a phone call without breaking your stride; controls are fully customized via the companion app. Just say “Hey Google” to get help from Google Assistant12 any time, hands-free with just your voice.
While in the gym or working out at home, fitness buffs will appreciate earbuds durability and resistance to sweat, and more importantly, the Lenovo Smart Wireless Earbuds is rated IPX4 for water exposure meaning the device is splashproof in all directions for those times when it rains while you’re out jogging.13 Capable of reducing up to 38 decibels of ambient noise, stay immersed and be heard with smart adaptive noise cancelling that dynamically adjusts to help tamper down noisy distractions in the background from construction sites, downtown streets, to busy households, ensuring your voice is crystal-clear on the other end thanks to six inclusive smart microphones.
With smarter technology from Lenovo, get ready to see more, do more and hear everything, whether at home, in school, the office, or back on the road.
Visit Lenovo’s Tech World homepage for full specs, images and more information.
- Lenovo Tab P12 Pro – Stay ahead. Entertainment at home and versatility on the go. https://youtu.be/c7Rz5s3lPK4
- Lenovo Tab P11 5G – Express yourself. Entertainment and versatility at the speed of 5G. https://youtu.be/jpO_WFnxJyc
U.S. Pricing and Availability14
- The 12-inch Lenovo Tab P12 Pro tablet with Wi-Fi only will start at $609.99 and is expected to be available on Lenovo.com starting October 2021. The 5G model of the Lenovo Tab P12 Pro is not available in North America at this time but is expected to be offered in EMEA in October 2021 and will start at 849€ (without VAT).14
- Project Unity will be included as a standard preload on the Lenovo Tab P12 Pro when it becomes available in October. To take advantage of the cross-device collaboration features, tablet users can download the app for free from the Microsoft Store and/or Google Play onto their Windows 10 and up Lenovo PC.14
- The 11-inch Lenovo Tab P11 5G tablet is not currently available in North America but is expected to be offered in EMEA and will start at 499€ (without VAT) and is expected to be available starting October 2021.14
- The Lenovo Smart Wireless Earbuds smart audio accessory will start at $99.99 and is expected to be available at select retailers starting Q3 2021.14
Update: EMEA’s starting price14 for the Lenovo Tab P12 Pro for tablet + pen (with 5G or Wi-Fi only) has since been updated in the piece.
|Lenovo Tab P12 Pro|
|Processor||Snapdragon 870 Mobile Platform|
(5G model also offered, supports sub-6 GHz bands)
|Audio||4 SLS JBL speakers with quad channel, Lenovo Premium Audio, Dolby Atmos|
|RAM + ROM||Up to 8GB + 256GB LPDDR5|
|Battery||10200mAh, compatible with 45W quick charge|
|Display||12.6-ich 2K AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, 600 nits in extreme mode and DC dimming|
|Weight||565 grams (tablet only)|
|Accessories||Lenovo Precision Pen 3, Full-size keyboard with built-in trackpad|
|Software||Lenovo’s new Project Unity software, Google Entertainment Space5|
|Lenovo Tab P11 5G|
|Processor||Snapdragon 750G 5G Mobile Platform, supports sub-6 GHz bands|
|Audio||4 JBL speaker, Dolby Atmos, Lenovo Premium Audio Solution|
|RAM + ROM||Up to 8GB RAM + 256GB ROM|
|Battery||7700mAh, 20W quick charge|
|Display||11-inch 2K IPS and Dolby Vision, 400 nits|
|Weight||520 grams (tablet only)|
|Colors||Moon White, Storm Grey, Modernist Teal9|
|Accessories||Optional Lenovo Precision Pen 2, optional keyboard pack|
|Software||Google Entertainment Space5|
|Lenovo Smart Wireless Earbuds|
|Speaker||11mm dynamic drivers|
|Microphones||6 mics with ANC (3 mics per earbud)|
|Features||Bluetooth 5, Touch Control, water and sweat resistant13|
|Weight||4.2 grams (per earbud)|
|Battery||Pocket size wireless charging case capable of enabling 28 hours of listening time|
|Play time||Without case, earbuds alone capable of up to 7 hours of listening time (with ANC off)11|
|Colors||White and Black9|
1 According to YPulse Research, ‘Tech/Device Use and Ownership Report,’ March 2021.
2 Compatible smart home devices are sold separately.
3 To pair your Android tablet (version 11 and up is required) via Project Unity with your Lenovo Windows PC, your PC must be running Microsoft’s Windows 10 and up. To start, Project Unity, Microsoft, and Android applications can be respectively downloaded by the user from the Microsoft Store and/or Google Play.
4 Requires 5G network service and separately purchased cellular data plan that may vary by location. Additional terms, conditions and/or charges apply. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions and other factors. See carrier for details.
5 Entertainment Space requires a Google account.
6 Requires separately purchased Wi-Fi router and plan that may vary by location. Additional terms, conditions and/or charges apply. Wi-Fi 6 speeds are typically up to 9.6 Gbps compared to Wi-Fi 5 with up to 3.5 Gbps. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions and other factors. Actual available capacity is less and varies due to many factors, including formatting, partitioning and operating system, etc. which utilize part of this capacity. The available capacity may change with software updates.
7 All battery life claims are approximate and based on internal testing under optimal laboratory and network conditions. Actual battery performance will vary and depend on numerous factors including product configuration and usage, software, operating conditions, wireless functionality, power management settings, screen brightness and other factors. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage.
8 Based on 5G sub-6GHz network connectivity, providing 10 Mbps download speeds to the average user. Available with 5G service plan and 5G network coverage (available in certain select markets). Download speeds vary by region and service provider. Network strength also varies by 5G service provider. See carrier for details.
9 Color options may vary per market.
10 Lenovo Fast Pair for earbuds requires devices running Windows 10 and up or Android (versions 6 or higher).
11 Requires Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) to be switched off; yields 5.5 hours of battery life with ANC on.
12 Available in select markets.
13 Water-resistant to help protect against moderate exposure to water, such as accidental spills, splashes or light rain. It is not designed to be submersed in water or exposed to pressurized water or other liquids. Water-resistance may diminish over time. Not waterproof.
14 Prices may not include tax and do not include shipping or options and are subject to change without notice; additional terms and conditions apply. Reseller prices may vary. On-shelf dates and color options may vary by geography and products may only be available in selected markets. All offers subject to availability. Lenovo reserves the right to alter product offerings, features and specifications at any time without notice.
LENOVO is a trademark of Lenovo. Qualcomm, Snapdragon and FastConnect are trademarks or registered trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated. Snapdragon and Qualcomm FastConnect are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. GOOGLE, ANDROID, GOOGLE ASSISTANT and YOUTUBE are trademarks of Google LLC. TÜV is a registered trademark of the TÜV Rheinland Group. JBL is a trademark of Harman International Industries, Incorporated. Dolby, Dolby Vision, and Dolby Atmos are among the registered and unregistered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Wi-Fi is a trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance. BLUETOOTH is a trademark of the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG). Other company, product and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others and are the property of their respective owners. ©2021, Lenovo Group Limited.