[Updated March 27, 2020]
As we face the uncertainty and challenges of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, I find strength in the generosity and resilience of my colleagues. As a diverse, global company, Lenovo has a unique opportunity and responsibility to support our communities. I have been humbled to see our teams around the world rise to the moment and give what they can. As our CEO Yuanqing Yang put it: “At challenging times such as these it helps to remember that we all want the same thing: for the people we care about to stay healthy, the virus’ impact to diminish, for treatments to be developed and for life to return to normal.”
The list below shows some of our efforts to help fight the effects of COVID-19. Lenovo’s total commitment, through the Lenovo Foundation and teams around the world, recently passed $10 million. We know there is still more to do, and we will update this page as our outreach continues.
- $2.4 million in equipment and IT infrastructure support hospitals in Wuhan, including 1200+ computers, 280 tablets, 660 printers, software and support
- $2 million to BGI Genomics in collaboration with Intel for high-performance computing hardware, software, and support
- $1.5 million in support for distance learning education in North America
- $1.4 million in distance learning support focused in China’s Hubei province
- $1 million in software and services donations to enable distance education and security for those learning and working from home
- $1 million+ across Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin American markets to respond to unique healthcare and education needs
Our CEO, who we know as YY, also made a personal donation of nearly $1.5 million to the Chinese University of Science and Technology to support their ongoing research.
To better support customers, Lenovo is also offering a free global warranty extension for up to 75 days through May 31, 2020 for all Lenovo/Motorola smartphones and Lenovo consumer PCs, tablets, smart home devices, consumer augmented/virtual reality devices, monitors and accessories with warranties that are coming to an end between March 15 through April 30, 2020.
We are all in this together. Please be safe and thoughtful, and keep finding ways to support each other.